Kids Pro Ice is a not-for-profit snowmobile race club promoting youth snowmobile racing on ice ovals and lemans tracks based in the Twin Cities region. Racing events are held every weekend on area lakes between January and early March in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Our racers range in age from four to fourteen while driving Kitty Cats, 120s and 380 Junior Novice in twelve classes, ranging from stock to highly modified. We provide a safe, structured and fun race environment with nearly non-stop action which always draws a crowd.
Kids Pro Ice is seeking to partner with a local sponsor or facility to provide a race location and / or an awards site. We would like bring our event to your area and set up a race on a Saturday to be determined at a nearby lake. We will work with you ahead of time to cover logistics, local permits (if required) and other details. On race day we arrive around 7:00am set up the race track, fencing and signage. After racing is completed, usually around dark, we knock down our track and clean up any debris. We then go to the host’s facility for dinner and beverages (plan on approximately 125-150 people including racers and family). We will then conduct our Award Ceremony in which every racer receives a trophy and a goodie bag along with other potential awards.
Obviously with an event of this scale there are inherent costs. A race day costs our club between $1,900 and $2,200. One of the largest costs is our insurance which covers the racers, spectators and also the host from risk. Some of the costs are absorbed by race entry fees but we still have a need from the host and sponsors combined after entry fees of about $1,200.00 per race. Normally the host sponsors Kids Pro Ice for $1,200 and works with local businesses to off-set some or all of the sponsorship. We can work with the host for a lesser amount and we will attempt to find other local supporters in the area. The local support comes in the form of the sponsor pledging $150 per class.
Benefits to the Sponsors and Race Location
- Class sponsors are usually area businesses and they receive their names on a class of trophies and a link on our website. Hosting sponsors receive their name on four to six classes of trophies in addition to a link on our website.
- We have a highly visible sponsor board displayed during the entire race day. Due to the uniqueness of our sport, we are frequently interviewed at race events by local media and will promote our race-day sponsors.
- We participate in numerous off-season snowmobile events, such as Hay Days, Grantsburg Watercross and Princeton Grass Drags, and promote our locations and sponsors at our large booth.
- Being a family-oriented organization, our race-day numbers tend to be many times the number of drivers. Depending on the location, some or all of our families will be seeking at least one night of local lodging.
- All our families attend the post-race awards banquet for dinner.
Please share this with owners of other local establishments as this is a great way to promote business while at the same time exposing your establishment to your local community and beyond.
We look forward to having a mutually successful event in your community. Please contact me with any questions. We will be following up with you shortly. Please see our website at www.kidsproice.org to find out more about our club. Thank you for your time and we hope to partner with you in the near future!